Please read this document carefully before accessing or using continnect.
Simple and Sensible
Please don’t forget that we are real people: take a look at our team’s page to get to know us a little. We are not perfect, but we’re trying our hardest, because we genuinely care about making your time spent on continnect worth the while.
When you read ‘continnect’ or ‘we’ below, it refers to www.continnect.com and its team.
Should you have other questions or concerns about this document, please send us an e-mail at [email protected]
Using continnect Means Accepting These Terms
By accessing or using continnect in any way you agree to and are bound by the terms and conditions written in this document.
If you do not agree to all of the terms and conditions contained in this document, do not access continnect.
This Is a Living Document
This is a living document. With your help, we want to make it better.
If you read something that rubs you the wrong way, or if you think of something that should be added, please get in touch! We’re all ears! Email [email protected] and we’ll chat.
We don’t amend this document for any particular reader, but if your changes apply to all of our readers, we’ll be happy to update it for everyone. Scroll to the bottom to see the history so far.
We will likely improve this document over time. By continuing to use the site, you will implicitly accept the changes we make.
Your access and use of continnect is always subject to the most current version of this document.
If you’d like to be notified every time we make a change to this document, please subscribe to our rss feed.
Access to Your Data
What Personal Data Do You Collect and Why?
We do not collect any personal data about our readers. We do collect statistics about unique visitors to our website.
We use return e-mail addresses to answer the e-mail we receive. Such addresses are not used for any other purpose and are not shared with outside parties.
Please be aware that your browser must be enabled to accept cookies from continnect.com in order for you to use continnect.
Finally, we never use or share the personally identifiable information provided to us online in ways unrelated to the ones described above.
What Are the System Requirements for Using continnect?
What Are the Guidelines continnect Follows When Accessing any reader specific Data?
- We restrict who at continnect can access mails sent by readers. Its limited to only senior members of the team, and never to outside parties.
- We only do it in response to a reader enquiry email.
- We might give access to government authorities if requested in writing. We don’t have the resources to fight the government. We’ll also keep the person involved informed as much as we can if this happens.
Who Else Has Access to My Data?
We also use Google Analytics for anonymous usage tracking.
How Are You Protecting My Data from Hacker Attacks?
We use secure private keys when accessing continnect servers via SSH, and protect our passwords locally with Keepass.
No reader data is stored on our webservers. We are dependent on our hosting provider CloudAtCost to avoid DDOS and Hacker attacks.
Access to our mail accounts is only possible using 2-Phase Authentication. The security practices of Zoho can be read here.
Should our systems get compromised, we will replace the server(s)/service provider with new ones (It will take us some days to do this). If this doesn’t stop the attack, we’ll shut down the service until we can figure out a solution. We will seek help from experts within our professional circle to resolve the problem.
What Should I Do If I Find a Security Vulnerability in continnect?
If you have discovered a security concern, please email us at [email protected] We’ll work with you to make sure that we understand the scope of the issue, and that we fully address your concern. We consider correspondence sent to [email protected] our highest priority, and work to address any issues that arise as quickly as possible.
Please act in good faith towards our data during your disclosure. We won’t take legal action against you if you act accordingly: White hat researchers are always appreciated.
Who Owns continnect Materials?
continnect Materials are all the information, data, documents, communications, downloads, files, text, images, photographs, graphics, videos, webcasts, publications, content, tools, resources, software, code, programs and products on continnect produced by continnect.
You agree not to copy, republish, frame, download, transmit, modify, adapt, create derivative works based on, rent, lease, loan, sell, assign, distribute, display, perform, license, sublicense or reverse engineer the continnect service or continnect Materials or any portions of them.
The trademarks, logos and service marks displayed on this Site are the property of continnect or other third parties. You are not permitted to use them without the prior written consent of continnect or such third party that may own the Marks. continnect and the continnect logo are trademarks of Keerthana Jayadevi Nagarajan, licensed to continnect.
- continnect Materials may not be modified or altered in any way.
- continnect Materials on continnect.com domain and subdomains may not be distributed or sold, rented, leased, licensed or otherwise made available to others.
- You may not remove any copyright or other proprietary notices contained in the continnect Materials.
- You may not copy or distribute any graphics in the continnect Materials.
- You will not quote or display continnect Materials, or any portions thereof, out of context.
- The rights granted to you constitute a license and not a transfer of title.
- Any continnect Materials made available only upon payment of a fee may only be viewed, downloaded and printed subject to your payment of such fee.
Do You Guarantee That continnect Will Be Accessible at All Times?
In short, we do not. Like all other cloud-based applications, we are vulnerable to the inherent unreliability of the Internet.
We monitor continnect periodically and have set up automated alarms to be notified (via email) when the continnect service is unavailable, so that we can deal with the issue.
Play Nice Clauses
Use of continnect
You agree that you shall not:
- Collect, harvest, mine or engage in any other activity to obtain e-mail addresses, phone numbers, personal information or any other information about others.
- Access or attempt to access any material that you are not authorized to access.
- Make available any files containing materials where you do not own or control, or have not received the necessary licenses to, all intellectual property rights, rights of privacy and publicity and all other rights in and to such materials.
- Use any materials in any manner that infringes any intellectual property rights or other rights of any party.
- Disrupt or interfere with the security of, or otherwise cause harm to, the continnect service, continnect Materials, systems resources, accounts, passwords, servers or networks connected to or accessible through continnect or any affiliated or linked sites.
- Transmit unsolicited or bulk communications to any continnect.com or affiliated e-mail address.
- Post or otherwise submit any software, programs or files that are harmful or disruptive of another’s equipment, software or other property, including any corrupted files, time bombs, Trojan horses, viruses and worms.
- Create a false identity for the purpose of misleading others.
- Download any materials posted by another that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally reproduced, distributed, performed or displayed in such manner.
- Disrupt, interfere or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the continnect service or other affiliated or linked sites, materials or services.
- Access or use continnect in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair any continnect server or the network(s) connected to any continnect server.
- Post or otherwise submit any topic, name, material or information that is any kind of pornography, defamatory, excessively violent, harassing, inappropriate, indecent, lascivious, lewd, obscene, profane, racist, unlawful, or otherwise objectionable.
- Engage in any chain letters, contests, junk e-mail, pyramid schemes, spamming, surveys or any other duplicative or unsolicited messages (commercial or otherwise).
- Violate the rights of continnect or any third party (including rights of privacy and publicity) or abuse, defame, harass, stalk or threaten another.
- Use any continnect or continnect domain name as a pseudonymous return e-mail address.
- Market any goods or services for any business purpose (including advertising and making offers to buy or sell goods or services), unless specifically allowed to do so by continnect.
Special Treatment for Spammers
Links to Third Party Sites
continnect may include links that will take you to other sites outside of the continnect service. The linked sites are provided by continnect to you as a convenience and the inclusion of the links do not imply any endorsement by continnect of any linked site. continnect has no control of the linked sites and you therefore acknowledge and agree that continnect is not responsible for the contents of any linked site, any link contained in a linked site or any changes or updates to a linked site. You further acknowledge and agree that continnect is not responsible for any form of transmission (e.g. webcasting) received from any linked site.
Advertisements and Promotions
continnect may run advertisements and promotions from third parties via continnect in any manner or mode and to any extent. Your communications, activities, relationships and business dealings with any third parties advertising or promoting via continnect, including payment and delivery of related goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, shall be solely matters between you and such third parties. You acknowledge and agree that continnect is not responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such non-continnect advertisers on continnect.
Warranties and Disclaimers
- the continnect service and continnect Materials will meet your requirements;
- the continnect service and continnect Materials will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free;
- the results that may be obtained from the use of continnect service and continnect Materials will be effective, accurate, or reliable;
- the quality of the site or any services or materials purchased or accessible by you will meet your expectations; and
- any errors or defects in continnect service and continnect Materials will be corrected.
The continnect service and continnect Materials may include technical or other mistakes, inaccuracies, or typographical errors. continnect may make changes to the site, materials and services, including the prices and descriptions of any service/product listed, at any time in its sole discretion and without notice. The continnect service and continnect Materials may be out of date, and continnect makes no commitment to update the site, materials and services.
You acknowledge and agree that:
- continnect does not control, endorse, or accept responsibility for any materials or services offered by third parties, including third-party vendors and third parties accessible through linked sites;
- continnect makes no representations or warranties whatsoever about any such third parties, their materials or services;
- any dealings you may have with such third parties are at your own risk; and
- continnect shall not be liable or responsible for any materials or services offered by third parties.
continnect does not control or endorse the materials found in any services and specifically disclaims any liability with regard to the site, services and any actions resulting from your use of the continnect service and continnect Materials and participation in any services.
Indemnity and Liability
You agree to indemnify and hold continnect and its officers, co-branders, other partners and employees harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of:
- your access to or use of continnect ;
- your connection to continnect;
- your infringement of any third party’s intellectual property rights when using any of the software made available on continnect;
- your violation of any rights of any third party;
- your access to or use of linked sites and your connections thereto; or
- any dealings between you and any third parties advertising or promoting via continnect.
The continnect service can be accessed from countries around the world. The Site is controlled, operated and administered by continnect team from locations within Switzerland and India. continnect makes no representation that the continnect service and continnect Materials are appropriate or available for use at locations around the world where the Site, the Services or Materials are illegal or prohibited. You are responsible for compliance with all local laws at the location from where you access continnect.
All continnect publications are commercial in nature.
Limitation of Liability
In no event shall continnect, its officers, directors, employees, partners or suppliers be liable to anyone for any damages or losses of any kind, liability or claim arising out of or in connection with:
- the access or use of or the inability to access or use the continnect service or continnect Materials;
- the statements or actions of any third party on or via the site, services or materials;
- any dealings with vendors or other third parties;
- any unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions, user materials or other data;
- any information that is sent or received or not sent or received;
- any failure to store or loss of data, files, materials or other content;
- any services available that are delayed or interrupted;
- any web site referenced or linked to from this site; or
- your access to or use of or inability to access or use any linked site.
- 2018, Apr 29: V 1.1 : Updated to Comply with EU GDPR
This document was made using the ToS document graciously made available by myBalsamiq.
“A note to other startups: working on a great new startup but don’t know where to start when it comes to ToS documents? Go ahead and copy/paste this document, search and replace and make it yours! 🙂 Two things though: a) make sure to have it looked over by your lawyer – you do have a lawyer right? 😉 – and b) we’d appreciate a backlink, even in small gray-on-white font at the very bottom. You’ll get good karma points, which is just what new startups needs the most. 🙂 Good luck!”